Use the following Top 5 Tips as a guide:
- Drink in moderation, a glass or two a day, to avoid potential health risks and obtain some of the potential benefits.
- Avoid drinking in excess, keeping as an exception rather than the rule.
- If drinking on a night out, make sure you drink water to avoid dehydration and also eat healthy food. Don’t go 12 hours without eating anything, and don’t eat junk!
- Everyone is different, there is no one size fits all alcohol limit. Find what is moderate for you and stay within it as much as possible. If in doubt, drink less!
- Do not drink prior to exercise and performance, and make sure you have taken on sufficient water and food post exercise before you start drinking. Drinking after exercise should again be kept in moderation.